- Gospel Preaching Isn’t Enough: “I thought if I preached gospel-centered sermons, I’d have a gospel-centered church,” a friend lamented to me. His church was rife with gossip, dissension, moralism, and apathy, despite a deep gospel centrality on Sunday mornings. The church had a gospel pulpit, but not a gospel culture.
- Eight Things to Help You Understand Introverts: Now I want to address those who are not introverts. You are the people who have to work with us, live with us, and interact with us. Perhaps you even get frustrated with us. And while we introverts can certainly do more on our part, I hope these eight statements will help you understand us a little bit better.
- The Art of Religious Sunbathing: Giving Up Trying to Be in Control: Prayer is about being where the light can get at you and helping you adjust to the truth of how things really are.
- Anatomy of Lying: Lying is both a failure of understanding and an unwillingness to be understood.
- Deal of the Day: Understanding the Big Picture of the Bible (Kindle version). $2.99.
- According to a new study, teeangers ‘can be corrupted’ by Hollywood sex scenes.
- Here’s a good resource for tips on writing research papers.
Just for Fun
- David Mitchell explains what’s “Great” about Britain.