Flotsam and jetsam is back!
- Chick-fil-A Deserves to Be Punished: Move over, chicken sandwich — Chick-fil-A has invented a new meal. It’s the hate burger, and it comes with an extra side of hate sauce. (This one should provide you with enough sarcasm to last all day.)
- Syria’s Christians, Caught in the Middle of Worsening Chaos: Members of Syria’s diverse Christian communities are finding themselves engulfed in the fog of war and increasingly targeted, both as pawns of the regime and armed rebels as well as by the rising (if still limited) presence of al Qaeda-linked and other foreign militants in the conflict.
- Preaching “One-Time” Sermons: I should end with my bias. I don’t like single messages. I prefer series because I find I can present a clearer picture of scriptural teaching on an issue. But, do not despise the single message–nobody ever preaches a series in the Bible, and we don’t see it much until John Chrysostom in the 4th/5th century. Be faithful with the small things… even the small sermons.
- Could ‘Awe Therapy’ Make Us Nicer? Moments that make us feel small — like gazing out over the Grand Canyon or glimpsing the northern lights — can do a world of good for our mental health
Just for Fun
- Some things look extra cool in slow motion. And fire breathing is definitely one of them.