Forced Choice: Favorite European Cities

It’s been a while since we’ve had a new forced choice around here. Our last one focused on whether Adam and Eve were historic individuals. That one stirred some interesting discussion and quite a few votes. But the end result is that almost two-thirds of us (64.5%) saw Adam and Eve as real, historic individuals. That vote was split between whether they were created less than 10,000 years ago (38.5%) or more (26%). Less than a third said that they were not historic individuals (27.5%). And only 8% were interested in the option that they were historic individuals, but that they were not literal ancestors of all humans.

With our newest forced choice, we’re going in a complete different direction. Since I’m at the tail end of our trip to Eastern Europe, I’d love to hear what you all think about European cities. So this week’s forced choice is: What is your favorite European city? Obviously I can’t list them all. So I’m going to focus on major cities here. If you have a favorite smaller city, feel free to leave that in the comments. And, as usual, I’m not going to give any more information than that. So you’re on your own to determine what “favorite” means and what criteria you’ll use to make your decision.

Without further ado, use the poll in the sidebar to let us know what you think!

Comments

comments

7 Responses to “Forced Choice: Favorite European Cities”

1. Brian LePort July 27, 2012 at 7:09 am #

Paris and Rome are my top choices and I like them for very different reasons. If I had to live in one I would choose Paris because it is far more organized. I liked London, but I was there for about eight hours and the same with Vienna. I haven’t been to the others, though I imagine Athens would be interesting for the history, though I’ve heard that is about all that there is to it these days. So Paris with a tip of the hat to Rome as a close second.

2. P.J. Oswald July 27, 2012 at 11:31 am #

Edinburgh would be my favorite so far. It felt more romantic to me than London, with many of the same iconic U.K. touches and with the stunning castle and grounds in the center of town. And plenty of the color green. I’d love to head back…now.

3. Mark Cole July 28, 2012 at 7:10 am #

Top 10 (in order) Paris, Vienna, Rome, Barcelona, Edinburgh, Florence, Berlin, London, Venice and Copenhagen.
    I’ve been blessed to visit each of these cities multiple times.. (I even lived in London for a short period).. I love Europe and since my wife also speaks Italian and French.. it makes traveling there even easier.

4. Jeff Patterson July 28, 2012 at 9:30 am #

Chose London out of the options (mostly based on limited travels). Fav city in Europe: Zürich. Two

• Jeff Patterson July 28, 2012 at 9:31 am #

… Two visits with family spanning almost three weeks made it feel like home.

5. Andreas Lunden August 1, 2012 at 11:51 pm #

Easy…Gothenburg, Sweden!

1. Forced Choices: Best Woman in the Old Testament | Everyday Theology - September 8, 2012

[...] time for a new poll. In our last one, I asked about your favorite European cities. And I suppose it’s not too much of a surprise that London (27%) and Paris (21%) came out on [...]