- 5 Problems with Unconditional Forgiveness: While automatic forgiveness sounds like an antidote to bitterness, this is not the case. Those who try and simply dismiss grave offenses, apart from resting in the justice of God, often encounter emotional and theological problems. Here is an incomplete list of problems that sometimes arise from unconditional forgiveness.
- Why Evangelicals Can’t Write: Evangelicals obviously do write, and publish, reams upon reams of prose. What they have not tended to write is anything recognized as having literary value by the literary world.
- Why Are Evangelicals Supporting Immigration Reform? A big part of the answer, in the bluntest terms, is religious market share. Hispanics go to church; non-Hispanic white people increasingly don’t.
- You’re a Calvinist, Right? The one thing I wish Calvinists would stop accusing Wesleyans of is…Being anthropocentric in their soteriology. Caring more about human free will than God’s glory. [You really should read this outstanding interview with Fred Sanders, a Wesleyan theologian, on what he thinks about Wesleyan theology and Calvinism.]
- Don’t miss out on the Top 10 Products and Services for the End of the World.
- Here are The Early Jobs of 24 Famous Writers
- And, while we’re on the subject, here’s A Collection of Brilliant and Inspiring Letters From Famous Authors to Their Young Fans
Just for Fun
- And, in the latest sign of the coming robot apocalypse, here’s one that can beat humans at rock/paper/scissors every single time. We’re doomed.