- Becoming Well-Spoken: How to Minimize Your Uh’s and Um’s: Using uh and um too often takes away from the forcefulness and eloquence of your remarks. So while it’s not as big of a deal when used in conversations with friends, when meeting people for the first time and during job interviews, business presentations, formal speeches, and the like, you want to minimize your use of fillers as much as possible. If curbing your ummm-ing is something you struggle with, read on to learn why we all “um” and “uh” and what we can do to curb this tendency.
- Who’s In Charge Here? The Illusions of Church Infallibility: The following theses summarize some of the issues that people should wrestle with before embracing a Roman Catholic perspective on authority. (This one is pretty technical. But it’s well worth reading.)
- I’m a Mormon, Not a Christian: This is the so-called Mormon Moment: a strange convergence of developments offering Mormons hope that the Christian nation that persecuted, banished or killed them in the 19th century will finally love them as fellow Christians. I want to be on record about this. I’m about as genuine a Mormon as you’ll find — a templegoer with a Utah pedigree and an administrative position in a congregation of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am also emphatically not a Christian.
- Hopeless without the Spirit: The early church was alive and active because of the Holy Spirit. There is no verse—not even one—that relegates the importance and vitality of the Spirit only to the New Testament church. That’s the key: We have to believe the Holy Spirit is present for us today.
- According to a new Pew survey, doubts about God are growing quickly among millennials.
- 10 Bizarre Schools from Around the Country. It makes me so proud to know that we have a scientology high school in Oregon.
- And here are The 30 Saddest Television Deaths. I haven’t seen quite a few of these, but I still would have ranked Ben Sullivan’s death in Scrubs higher than 26th.
Just for Fun
- Vertical Video Syndrome – the must-watch PSA of the day.