- Welcome to the Multiverse: The latest developments in cosmology point toward the possibility that our universe is merely one of billions.
- My Solution to the Same-Sex Marriage Debate, with an Ecclesiology of Exile: We are subversive ideological terrorists because we order our lives according the story, symbols, and sovereignty of Jesus Christ, all of which stands in violent opposition to the values of the secular order. We Christians represent a clear and present danger to the very edifice of secular pluralism because we refuse to believe in it and we tell a story that undermines it – and some people believe us not the powers that be, that’s the problem.
- In Which I Ask Ann Voskamp’s Forgiveness: Tim Challies offers a powerful reminder of why we need to be careful with how we say things online. I was particularly struck by this line: “Would I have said that to someone I had planned to share a meal with a few weeks later? Probably not. Why, then, would I say it at all?”
- Fearfully and Wonderfully Made, Woefully and Tragically Fallen: counselors should acknowledge that sometimes life is not easily reduced to choosing. If we treat people only as volitional beings, we fail to relate to them based on the full theological narrative of the imago Dei and the fall from grace. We must consider matters related to nurture and nature when addressing complex issues of life in this world.
- Out of Ur has hosted an interesting exchange with posts on Why Legalizing Gay Marriage May Be Good for the Church and Why the Church Should Still Publicly Oppose Gay Marriage.
- Check out the Top 10 New Species of 2012 (There’s now an animal officially named after Spongebob Squarepants.)
Just for Fun
- How Your Cell Phone Knows Up from Down