- Homosexuality and the Quest to Be the New Normal: This is such an epidemic in evangelicalism; we aim to justify the church and sanctify the world. The world is not going to keep the Ten Commandments, walk in the Spirit, or glorify Christ…they can’t! They are unbelievers and they will act like it. This should not surprise us.
- Robust Christianity in a Post-Christendom World: The great project of our generation is to reclaim biblical Christianity as the Church. (Please re-read the last sentence about three times before going on). This will inevitably involve standing up and articulating with far more precision exactly what Christianity actually is.
- Is It Biblical To Ask Jesus into Your Heart?: A younger generation of pastors look out at the state of evangelicalism and are rightly concerned that many people with cultural Christianity in their background cling to assurance they are saved despite an overwhelming lack of evidence of genuine conversion. It’s no surprise that some pastors are blaming the methods and terms that became prevalent in the previous generation.
- A Divine Way to Resist Temptation (WSJ): Thinking of God helps people to assert self-control—even if they’re atheists.
- Here are some good ebooks on sale at Amazon.
Just for Fun
- A high school student I know put together the following PSA with some friends on why we need to get more exercise. I think it makes a good point.