- Success That Exceeds Sanctification: And so I ask the Lord not to give me success that exceeds my sanctification. And then I ask that he will make me increasingly holy, that he will grow my Christian character, sanctify me in greater measure, that I may have more success and steward it wisely and for his glory.
- Evolution Is a Lousy Story: While admitting that human existence is bursting with plot and story, the grand scheme of scientific naturalism is plotless, or perhaps better the plot is anchored in futility. We exist as sentient beings constrained by the laws of physics and in some 7 or 8 billion years the earth will die as the sun dies. More than this, the expansion of the universe will eventually reach a point where life anywhere will be completely impossible. Not only will each individual die along the way, but life itself will simply vanish – no more sentient beings to wonder about the plot.
- More Ways Social Issues Will Shape 2012 Election (Besides Same-Sex Marriage): here are five ways faith-based politics could shape this presidential contest, drawn up with help from religion reporter friends who gathered this week to talk about God (and godlessness) and politics.
- Desmund Tutu: ‘We need to be able to listen’: Because we live in a pluralistic, global world we need to be able to listen to other viewpoints, place ourselves in the shoes of others, and respond fairly, magnanimously and pragmatically.
- Crush the “I’m Not Creative” Barrier: Did you know that if you think you are creative, you’re more likely to actually be creative?
- Here are some interesting theology student bloopers.
Just for Fun
- Man vs. Goose (now with lightsabers). Lightsabers make everything better.