- Is Megachurch the New Liberalism?: Once again, the megachurches are on the leading edge. We must pray that they will lead into faithfulness, and not into a new liberalism.
- Do Denominations Still Matter?: Denominations are, at their core, structures that help support and enable a diversity of Christians. They are not Christianity; they merely make space for different varieties of faith to flourish. If we can understand denominational labels as descriptors rather than terms of value—who is right and who is wrong—perhaps we can see beyond the walls that separate us and begin to see the beautiful diversity there is among Christians. This may not be easy, but here are some reasons it’s worth trying.
- The Gospel and Immigration: If you want to disrupt a beautifully harmonious dinner party, all you have to do is bring up the radioactive issue of immigration. There might not be a more heated political topic in contemporary American life.
- My Son Went to Heaven and All I Got Was a No. 1 Best Seller: Whichever side of this divide you sit on, you’re unlikely to seek rapprochement with the other. In our à la carte media world, most of us seek only to reinforce what we already think, and it’s zealots who drive the discourse.
- This month’s free audio book from ChristianAudio is Ken Sande’s Resolving Everyday Conflict.
- And this month’s free book from Logos is A.W. Pink’s The Godhood of God.
- Tony Reinke discusses a theology of reading in this 11 min. audio clip.
Just for Fun
- For the bibliophiles among us, here are photographs from 15 Spectacular Libraries in Europe