- Multisite, the Poker Tell and the Importance of Presence: nobody in the multi-site world pipes in the music by videolink in the way that is simply assumed as legitimate when it comes to the preacher. Yet in so doing, it seems to me that such ministries are conceding the importance of presence – of real, physical presence – to the gathering of the church.
- Angry Nerds: Is it me or is there a growing number of theologically conservative preachers, teachers and seminary students who just seem ticked off all of the time?
- Eugene Peterson on the Reading and Writing Life of the Pastor: Good writers are people who pay attention to language, are interested in telling the truth, and are in some ways finding themselves inoculated against the fads of what will sell, what will please. Good literature almost always goes against the grain of the culture: interpreting it, subtly criticizing it, maybe not polemically. Pastors are right in the center of deceit and corruption and bad use of language. We have a commitment to use words accurately and honestly.
- More Congregations Turn to Facebook, Web, High-Tech Outreach: No matter where you live, you can go to church, so to speak, with Christ Fellowship. The McKinney, Texas, congregation is on board with almost every high-tech gambit under heaven.
- David Murray lists The New Superheroes of the Web. It’s a great list of bloggers and tweeters who serve as web “curators”–i.e. people who find and organize good web content for their readers. (In the interests of full disclosure, David included me on the list. So it’s at least a little self-serving to mention his post here. But I’m okay with that.)
- The Gospel Coalition hosted an interesting discussion on how often we should practice communion.
- The Real Story on Shipwrecks: Women and Children Last: Apparently, if you’re on a sinking boat, you want to be a man – preferably the captain or a member of the crew.
- Joe Carter lists some Christian ebooks on sale now.
Just for Fun
- Check out the The Game of Thrones trailer…as performed by Playmobil toys.