- Learning from Liberals: Dead Germans. They are the subject of a lecture I give every spring in my church history classes: a brief overview of German theologians from the 19th and early-20th centuries.
- An Increase in Reading – “A fifth of American adults have read an electronic version of a book in the last year, a trend that is fueling a renewed love of reading, according to a new survey. The portion of e-book readers among all American adults has increased to 21 percent from 17 percent between December and February, due in large part to a boom in tablet and e-reader sales this past holiday season.”
- I Met a “Celebrity” Pastor Yesterday: I can confidently report that he was normal….The problem is often with those who surround these men. In my experience, it’s often the gatekeepers, the hangers-on, the media, PR & marketing guys, the organizers, the administrators, the “friends,” etc., that create the impression of superiority, aloofness, arrogance, and disinterest in lesser mortals.
- Do Pets Go to Heaven? We have come a long way since Descartes claimed that animals are mere automatons without the capacity for pleasure or pain. We now know the contrary is true: They experience. They suffer. They grieve. They love.
- If you haven’t seen this already, the Martyn Llloyd-Jones trust has released more than 1,600 sermons of his sermons online for free.
- All of the audio from this year’s T4G conference is now available.
- A new report indicates that Almost 20% of 3rd Graders Have Cell Phones
- And, just to make you made, here are 27 Toys You Threw Out That Are Worth a Fortune Now. (I had several of these, but I guarantee they weren’t in mint condition when I threw them away!)
Just for Fun
- And here are the Top 20 Simpsons Quotes