- 5 Lessons I’m Learning in My First Year as a Lead Pastor: As a young pastor, you simply have not lived enough life to know how to respond to the variety of situations you will encounter, whether in the church as a whole or in the lives of your congregants. Moreover, there’s more than a slight chance that you’re stepping into some lingering dysfunction from previous ministries. You are neither smart enough nor experienced enough to handle this. But that’s okay, because you are a minister of the gospel, and the gospel is sufficient.
- Do Academic Papers Matter, or Are They Pointless? We should dial down our rhetoric, though, when it comes to Christian scholarship. The textual commentary that unearths countless precious insights from Scripture is inestimably valuable. The monograph (single-topic academic book) that delves into new material in a field can reorient our whole theological paradigm. The academic paper that drops into an important doctrinal and philosophical conversation can change the way people think and teach and even live.
- Why the Missional Church Isn’t Enough: The missional church in the United States is not missional enough. The local focus of mission is shortsighted. If we only make disciples who make disciples in our cities, thousands of unengaged, un-discipled peoples of the earth will not hear the gospel.
- Reformation of an Evangelical: I began college as a know-it-all Christian. But I learned how to listen to nonbelievers — and learn from them….The important lesson on faith is not “Shut up and sit down.” It is, “Speak up, but do it with respect. And be able to back it up!” Fighting for my faith was a learning process. When I thought I knew it all, I was just a blowhard. But when I listened to my detractors — and respected them — I gained their respect, too.
- Credo posts videos from the recent Ligonier conference on “The Christian Mind,” including videos from R. C. Sproul, Robert Godfrey, Albert Mohler, Sinclair Ferguson, Michael Horton, Steven Lawson, Stephen Meyer, among others.
Just for Fun
- Here are the Top 10 Sympathetic Supervillians. I always like the villains better.