- Six Reasons Young People Are Leaving the Church: Six in 10 young people will leave the church permanently or for an extended period starting at age 15….For church leaders, the question is, what will we do about it?
- What I Wish My Pastor Knew About…The Life of a Scientist: Like many of the most complex human endeavors — parenting, farming, becoming a Christian — the life of a scientist is not just an “occupation,” something that occupies us for a while and might then be followed by something entirely different. Being a scientist is as much about being as doing, as much about a particular way of being formed as a person as it is a set of activities or even skills.
- We Can’t Go Back to the Garden: Critiquing Evangelicals’ Over-Ruralized Eschatology: We have pictured heaven in these terms, rather than making room in our imagination for good (read: God-honoring) cultural developments and the beautiful complexities (read: shalom) of life in the society of others as the context of our future existence.
- 9 Academic Freedoms of Not Having Tenure: We all know the challenges of not being tenured or on the tenure track. Making a life of teaching or research outside of the tenure path is particularly difficult. But there are some great things about working in academia and being non-tenured.
- The New York Times has a nice summary of the recent case regarding a counseling student kicked out of grad school for her concerns about counseling a homosexual client.
- Dan Wallace offers his own summary of his recent debate with Bart Ehrman.
- 15 Offbeat Holidays You Can Celebrate in February. Unfortunately, we already missed Ice Cream for Breakfast Day.
Just for Fun
- Check out this amazing video of an owl in flight.