- The New Black Theology: Accordingly, the new black theology is best described as the new theology, no (dis)qualifying adjective necessary. In it we see Christian theology at long last incarnating the material conditions whereby the good news becomes good news. (On a related note, you should check out Anyabwile’s Where Does Blackness and Whiteness Come From?)
- Depression and Serotonin: If you have been a pastor for longer than one week, you have probably counseled someone who was taking medication for depression. This presents a consummate pastoral dilemma because pastors want to bring the Bible to bear on all of life, and at the same time, we didn’t go to medical school.
- Grace and Truth Beyond the Elephant Room: We need charity and clarity. But civility is not a love-fest. We will disagree – strongly at times. Why? Because theology matters. The stakes are high. Bad theology hurts people.
- Why Evangelicals Don’t Like Mormons: The real issue for many evangelicals is Mormonism’s remarkable success and rapid expansion….Put simply, the Baptists and Methodists, while still ahead of the Mormons numerically, are feeling the heat of competition from Joseph Smith’s tireless progeny.
- Jason alerts us to an important show on Animal Plant called My Cat from Hell.
Just for Fun
- And here are 15 Funny Facebook Timeline Cover Photos