- Does God Care Whether Tim Tebow Wins on Saturday? A Christian theology professor tries to answer the question that’s dominated conversations in bars, dorm rooms, and the pages of ESPN. (See also The Tim Tebow Phenomenon and Is God Answering Tim Tebow’s Prayers?)
- Service Is Not Scandal: Responding to Mark Noll: “In a time in which work tends to overtake life, an approach that both relishes the intellect and keeps it in its place is a pearl of great price, and we should display it readily even in settings where it is not recognized as such.”
- Everything You Know about Education Is Wrong: “Think of the ingredients that make for a good school. Small classes. Well-educated teachers. Plenty of funding. Combine, mix well, then bake. Turns out, your recipe would be horribly wrong, at least according to a new working paper out of Harvard. Its take away: Schools shouldn’t focus on resources. They should focus on culture.”
- Logos will be giving away a free book every month this year, along with opportunities to win more. This month’s free book is Sin and Temptation by John Owen.
- A recent poll shows that America’s pastors oppose evolution and are split on the earth’s age.
Just for Fun
- And here are The 10 Cheesiest Movie Moments of 2011.