- Why Didn’t Tolkein Win the Nobel Prize: I’m not a fan of The Lord of the Rings, but I have wondered how such a monumentally influential author was overlooked for a Nobel Prize in literature. C.S. Lewis nominated J.R.R. Tolkien in 1961. The governing committee considered him, but ultimately awarded the prize to the Yugoslavian writer Ivo Andric. Why? Recently declassified documents explain the committee’s reasoning.
- It’s Not Heaven for Jobless Clergy: Recession has left churches with less money for hiring, more seeking slots.
- The Top 5 Technologies That Will Shape the Church in 2012: The most important technologies may not be the ones that you think.
- The Missing Ingredient in Most Goals: “A clearly written goal is not enough. A carefully thought out action plan isn’t either. You need more than this if you are going to accomplish really big goals. Let me explain.”
- Robert Gundry’s Commentary on Ephesians is a free Kindle download today only.
- Check out these amazing photos from the National Geographic Photo Contest of 2011. And, while you’re at it, you should check out the Biggest Scientific Breakthroughs of 2011.
- For you library lovers, here are some photos of the most interesting libraries.