- The New Evangelicals: How Christians Are Rethinking Abortion and Gay Marriage: “People do not often change their minds about things so fundamental as religion or politics. I have spent the last six years reading everything from sermons to blogs and travelling across the United States in an effort to find out what was happening and why.”
- What Do We Do With Our Slavery-Affirming Theological Heroes?: “How is it possible to believe the gospel and articulate so clearly the doctrine of justification by faith alone, yet miss how this doctrine severs the root of racism and ethnocentrism forever? Even more, how can one’s life be so out of step with one’s theology?”
- The Perils of Digital Technology: “We are so busy communicating that we fail to connect with others. We are so busy communicating that we fail to think.”
- Why Pray? Ben Myers offers 10 reasons that we should pray through a reflection on the Lord’s Prayer.
- Deals of the Day: WTS Books has their 18 bestselling books of 2011 all at 50% off and Crossway has all of their ebooks at $5.99 or less.
- Here are Mashable’s Digital Predictions for 2012
- Here’s a list of the Top 15 Influential Greeks
Just for Fun
- From The Telegraph, here are Images of Jesus Christ and other religious figures found in everyday objects. (Thanks to Craig Beard for pointing this one out.) I still think most of these really look like John Lennon.