- Here’s a great read for staring the new year right. Time Lost and Found: “I’ve heard it said that every day you need half an hour of quiet time for yourself, or your Self, unless you’re incredibly busy and stressed, in which case you need an hour. I promise you, it is there. Fight tooth and nail to find time, to make it. It is our true wealth, this moment, this hour, this day.”
- The Next Billy Graham Might Be Drunk Right Now: “Most of the church in any generation comes along through the slow, patient discipleship of the next generation. But just to keep us from thinking Christianity is evolutionary and “natural”…, Jesus shocks his church with leadership that seems to come like a Big Bang out of nowhere.”
- How to Stone People without the Inconvenience of Picking up Rocks: “Shepherding those who struggle with life dominating sin is not unlike swimming out to a drowning victim. There’s always the potential of having your nose broken by the very one you are trying to save. It’s an exhausting sort of love, but sincere. Churches that truly love their members swim out to each other’s lives in light of the risks.”
- A Forgotten Text? “I have often in the past stood with those who laughed at what we regarded as the ignorant, unsophisticated taboos of the older generation. But now I worry about the ease with which the rising generation talks explicitly of ‘the fruitless deeds of darkness’ in the name of cultural engagement, fear of being thought passé or simply a desire to slough off the legalisms of their fathers in the faith.”
- Here are 6 apps that block online distractions so you can get work done (as soon as you’ve finished reading my blog)
- The Return to Religion looks at a surprising trend toward increased church attendance in Britain.