- Churches Bring Custom Apps to Their Flocks: WSJ takes a look at technology in the church. “Pastors and parishioners say the technology can enable people to uphold the call to stay religiously involved at all times, not just on Sunday. App developers expect thousands of churches to develop the apps in coming years to meet demand from worshipers.”
- Here are the 2012 Christianity Today Book Awards, Colin Hansen lists My Top 10 Theology Stories of 2011, and here’s CT’s Top 10 News Stories of 2011.
- Going Home Again: David Brooks’ moving piece on the power of community.
- Answering Questions People Actually Ask: Ed Stetzer looks at new research suggesting that people are far more likely to be asking questions about meaning/purpose than about heaven/hell.
- Ten Wall Street Brands that will disappear in 2012. Every year it’s interesting to see which companies are really struggling. And there are a couple of pretty big names on this year’s list.
- Check out Wikipeetia; it’s just like Wikipedia, except everything’s misspelled.
- The 25 Most Powerful Songs of the Last 25 Years, an eclectic but oddly interesting list of songs – until you get to #1.
Just for Fun
- I played ping pong with my daughters the other day. It didn’t look anything like this.