- How to Shrink Your Church. Some powerful thoughts on how sentimentalism and pragmatism are destroying the church: “The church’s job is not to grow — not even to survive. The church’s job is to die — continually — on behalf of the world, believing that with every death there is a resurrection. God’s part is to grow whatever God wishes to grow. Growing a church isn’t hard … being faithful as the church, that’s a different story.”
- Why We Need More ‘Chaplains” and Fewer Leaders: “So who told us that the pastor is primarily a leader/entrepreneur/change agent and anything but a curer of souls? And why do we believe them?”
- Did Youth Ministry Create the Emerging Church?: “I think he’s on to something important here–namely that ecclesiology is taught (explicitly but primarily implicitly) well before adulthood.”
- Why I’m Okay with Church Failure. Good thoughts from Mary DeMuth critiquing the commonly accepted formula: “the simple formula is this: God leads + We obey = Outward success.”
- Deals of the Day: John Byron is giving away books by Ben Witherington, David DeSilva, and N.T. Wright.
- Here’s a Twitter account that will post a Bible verse every day for 86 years.
Just for Fun
- And, here are The 5 Best Toys of All Time