- Hermeneutical Hall Passes: “Have you ever read the New Testament and wondered if the apostles would have passed a contemporary hermeneutics course?”
- Martin Marty takes a look at American Baptists and the fact that “Baptist” is a far more diverse category than most people realize.
- Is the Lack of Boredom Killing Our Creativity? Great question.
- Thom Rainer presents 5 Warning Signs of Declining Church Health.
- Why Is Killing Okay But Not Sexuality? James McGrath has an interesting reflection on whether we should view differing perspectives on homosexuality in the same way that we treat differing views on pacifism – i.e. legitimately different perspectives on challenging moral issues.
- Brian LePort has an interesting interview with Matt Mikalatos, author of the new Night of the Living Dead Christian.
- A new study shows that pastors’ salaries rose slightly this year and that “women are compensated 28 percent less than men across all paid positions in the church.”
- The Vatican has released a statement calling for radical reform of the world’s financial system.
- File this in the “useless but interesting trivia” section of your brain: The Most Popular Halloween Costumes (1985-1993)
- Check out The All-Digital Library (HT Tim Challies)
Just for Fun
- And, check out these illustrations from the Hobbit that were never published.