- WSJ takes a look at The Science of Irrationality, our fondness for not thinking.
- Should Preachers Show Their Work? Jim Hamilton calls on preachers to use their sermons as a way of training people to be better Bible readers.
- Why Does God Love Beards? A question I would never have thought to ask, but also an interesting look at facial hair in world religions.
- Best title of the day: Jackrabbits, Ping Pong, and the Inescapable Role of Theology in Spirituality. (HT Trevin Wax)
- A new study shows that college students are not learning critical thinking/reasoning skills. I could have told them that.
- They’ve announced the winner of the 2011 Man Booker Prize for Fiction.
Just for Fun
- And, here’s a list of 10 Absurd Movie Remakes: movies that we just don’t need.