- Humanism and Atheism as Civil Religions is an excellent discussion of the shift from humanism/atheism as a reaction against religion to humanism/atheism as civil religions in their own right.
- John Ortberg Is My Dad, But Don’t Call Me a PK. Laura Ortberg offers a different take on what it means to grow up as a pastor’s kid.
- Forgiveness is a Ridiculous Thing: “It doesn’t make sense. It’s ridiculous that after someone has wronged you, that you’d not make them pay for it. It’s ridiculous that you should absorb the cost for the crime someone committed against you and not exact retribution.”
- If you really want to label someone as a bad person today, you compare them to Hitler. But, what did earlier generations do? Before Hitler, Who Was the Stand-In for Pure Evil? The answer surprised me.
- Deal of the Day: Koinonia is giving away Four Views on the Spectrum of Evangelicalism.
- As I’m sure you’ve heard by now, Steve Jobs passed away yesterday. Here are The 13 Best Quotes from Steve Jobs and 10 of His Most Magical Moments.
- There’s a new, free online magazine out there, and it looks great. So, check out the first issue of Credo, focusing on today’s debate over biblical authority.
Just for Fun