- Would Augustine have invited Mohammed to his conference? Thabiti Anyabwile offers a strong critique of James MacDonald’s decision to invite T.D. Jakes, a oneness Penteostal, to speak at the Elephant Room.
- Self-Control and Gospel-Change. Does a Gospel of grace mean that you can’t try to “change yourself.”
- How Seminarians Can Learn to Preach to Normal People. An important skill for us all to learn.
- The Sociology of Sunday School. Can Sunday school still be an effective vehicle for addressing biblical illiteracy in our modern world?
- Deals of the Day: John Piper’s Think is this month’s free audiobook from ChrisitanAudio.com. And, Fred Sanders’ The Deep Things of God (Kindle version) is on sale for $2.99.
- A new survey shows that readers prefer literal Bible translations over common English. (I could be wrong, but this looks like a good example of a skewed survey. Who wouldn’t say that they preferred an “accurate” Bible translation? Who wants an inaccurate one?)
- How Physical Exercise Can Strengthen Your Brain. But, shouldn’t that mean that professional athletes are among the smartest people around?
- When is it acceptable to leave a voicemail? I’m going with “never.” (I hate voicemail.)
Just for Fun
- Here are the Top 10 Demons to Blame for Bad Behavior