- LA Times tells preachers to choose your words wisely when speaking about politics from the pulpit.
- Good News: Jesus Is Not Nice. Mark Galli offers some good thoughts on “the God who comes to us in the often disturbing Jesus Christ and through the disruptive Holy Spirit.”
- CNN looks at Patriotism and the ‘God Gap’ - statistics suggesting that religious people (especially evangelicals) are more likely that non-religious people to have a high view of America.
- Why Young Christians Aren’t Waiting Anymore. According to a new report, “80 percent of unmarried evangelical young adults (18 to 29) said that they have had sex – slightly less than 88 percent of unmarried adults.”
- Rob Bell is working on a new TV show based on his life.
- Pat Robertson responds to criticisms about his comments regarding divorcing a spouse with Alzheimer’s.
- This year’s Ig Nobel prize winners have been announced. These prizes honor the year’s funniest “scientific” achievements. My favorite from this year: LITERATURE PRIZE: John Perry of Stanford University, USA, for his Theory of Structured Procrastination, which says: To be a high achiever, always work on something important, using it as a way to avoid doing something that’s even more important.
Just for Fun
- Here are 10 major cities sitting next to deadly volcanos. And yes, Seattle is on the list.
- Here’s a list of the The 100 Greatest Songs of ‘00s.