- I Was a Racist. In the most intriguing post of the day, John Piper offers an excerpt from his new book Bloodlines.
- A hyper fundamentalist is not necessarily one who needs Ritalin. Instead, here are the eight characteristics of hyper-fundamentalism (HT Trevin Wax)
- Should you preach the Gospel or free a feed the hungry? 19 yr-old Zach Hunter offers some good thoughts on an old question: A Christian Ethic of Social Justice: Will A Bible Fill An Empty Stomach?
- Google is not making you stupid, despite many arguments to the contrary.
- We’ve spent more money in the last two decades on leadership development that ever before, so Harvard Business Review wants to know why don’t we have better leaders?
- Deal of the Day: Download B. B. Warfield’s Augustine and the Pelagian Controversy for free.
- Book Giveaways: Koinonia is giving away Daniel Hays’ book The Message of the Prophets, and Aaron Armstrong is giving away The Essential Edwards Collection.
- 20% of Americans expect to be millionaire’s by 2020. I’m pretty sure that’s the same optimism that makes people buy lottery tickets.
- They must be pretty sure that God likes them, though, since many Americans believe God is directly steering the American economy.
- Which is interesting given that it’s been a rough decade for American congregations.
- In the good news of the day, the odds are pretty good that you won’t be hit by a satellite this weekend.
Just for Fun
- 8 Lines That Would Have Ended Star Wars Real Fast. The image I used for this morning’s post was my favorite.