- The Failure of the Megachurch argues that megachurches are necessarily flawed for three reasons.
- USA Today looks at the rise of designer religions: More Americans are tailoring religion to fit their needs.
- Your Greek prof doesn’t really know Greek. At least, that’s what Daniel Street argues. (HT James McGrath)
- Daniel Kirk shares some good thoughts in an Open Letter to New Testament Students. One great line points out why Bible classes can be so challenging for new students: “rarely do you have as much invested in the assumptions that the professor is trying to deconstruct.”
- Pride Cometh Before the Bad Sermon. Too true.
- Deal of the Day: Credo Magazine is giving away three commentaries from the Zondervan Exegetical Commentary series (Matthew, Galatians, and Ephesians). These are great commentaries, so head over there and enter to win.
- More vampire stories are published when Democrats are in office. But, before you make any snide comments about Democrats, apparently zombie stories win out when Republicans are in office.
- Here are the 5 Most Astounding Facts about Poverty in America
Just for Fun
- Maybe you have to be a geek to think this is fun, but here’s an interesting list of 75 Contronyms (Words with Contradictory Meanings)