- Stanley Hauerwas, Nonviolent Narnia: Could C.S. Lewis Have Imagined a World without War? (HT Rod)
I am a pacifist. Lewis was anything but a pacifist. I want to show that his arguments against pacifism are inadequate, but I also that he provides imaginative resources for Christians to imagine a very different form of Christian nonviolence, a form unknown to Lewis, with which I hope he might have had some sympathy
Most people who comment on the cosmological argument demonstrably do not know what they are talking about. This includes all the prominent New Atheist writers….It also includes most scientists. And it even includes many theologians and philosophers, or at least those who have not devoted much study to the issue.
- Jason Hood, The End of Church Planting?
A look at whether churches should expand through a missionary model rather than relying on professional entrepreneurial pastors to plant churches
The best way to ground young people in the Word and to empower them for future ministry is to involve them in a mission-based youth group. By mission-based, I am not implying that the teenagers would be going on monthly mission trips or doing weekly door-to-door evangelism. I use the term “mission-based” to describe a missional attitude among the teenagers and their leaders.
- Lifehacker looks at The 5 Best Ebook Stores.
- In case you’re looking to enroll your kids (or yourself), here’s how much it costs to attend Hogwarts.
- And, here are The Top 10 Invented Languages.