Here’s a great post offering 8 Ways to Increase the Joy of Writing. The author focuses primarily on freelance authors, but his advice applies across a wide range of writing genres – including papers that you might write for a class.
Read the whole post for his explanations, but here are the eight tips that he offers. My personal favorite is #4. Learning to write well is a pain, something that I’m still learning about. But, I have discovered that the better you become at writing, the more fun it is. I suppose it’s like any skill that way. “Learning how to…” is a pain; “being able to…” is fun.
- Write about what interests you.
- Move from one writing project to another.
- Learn to type fast.
- Learn to write well.
- Budget your time well.
- Think about why you write.
- Vary your writing location.
- Practice present-moment awareness.