- Ray Hollenbach has a great post on Why the Church Should Be More than a Mere Community.
It’s difficult to stand in defense of the church when the church is so messed up. It’s a heckuva a way to run a railroad, but apparently the Father thinks it’s worth the risks. We were designed for community, but also something beyond mere community, we were designed for the church.
- N.D. Wilson tries to pin down Rob Bell, and identifies nine things that we can learn for sure from Love Wins.
Upstairs, hidden in a closet, I have a 2.3 gallon blue plastic penguin with a head that swivels and a beak that blows cold steam….I have argued with that penguin for hours, and while I still can’t pin it down to a particular point of view, the time spent was helpful preparation for a book like this one.
- Kurt Willems explains why he doesn’t celebrate the Fourth of July.
Only about three years ago did I realize that in celebrating Independence Day I’m also glorifying the pagan roots on which this nation was founded: an unjust war.
- This post has generated quite the buzz: Multi-site churches go interstate.
Pastor Mark Driscoll’s megachurch recently announced plans to expand into Portland, Oregon, and Orange County, California, using multi-site campuses that feature live bands and a sermon piped in from the main campus in Seattle.
- David Fitch kicked off a lively discussion with his post, STOP FUNDING CHURCH PLANTS and Start Funding Missionaries: A Plea to Denominations. We’ve had a bit of discussion on this one over on my Facebook page. (If we’re not already friends, feel free to friend me so you can check it out.)
- Mark Bauerlein discusses Leisure Reading Racial Gap. (HT Tim Challies)
- BibleWorks 9 is now available.
- And, here’s a list of 25 Things That Shouldn’t Scare Christians.