- John Blake reflects on verses that are not in the Bible.
The Bible may be the most revered book in America, but it’s also one of the most misquoted. Politicians, motivational speakers, coaches – all types of people – quote passages that actually have no place in the Bible, religious scholars say.
- Roger Olson asks, Is there a middle ground between Calvinism and Arminianism?
whereas Calvinists and Arminians have much in common, there is no hybrid of them or middle ground between them. In fact, Arminianism InS the middle ground between Calvinism and Semi-Pelagianism!
- Kevin DeYoung discusses The Most Urgent Need in the Church.
Do you believe the most urgent need in the church is not for better programs or for better leadership principles, but for better preaching? Do you believe. pastor, that the best way for you to serve the world is to study yourself full every week and preach yourself empty every Sunday?
- John Hobbins offers some background reading for Genesis.
- Sarah Palin tries to explain how she was actually right about Paul Revere all along. And while we’re on the subject, apparently a Fox news station accidentally used an image of Tina Fey when reporting on Sarah Palin. Oops.
- A NYT article highlights some good science fiction for summer reading.
- And, here’s a list of the 11 Most Controversial Issues Dividing the Country.