- Mark Galli argues that Rob Bell is not a litmus test.
In short, it’s starting to feel like Rob Bell is becoming a litmus test. If you like Bell, your orthodoxy may be suspect. And if you want to proclaim your orthodox credentials, you simply have to condemn Love Wins
- Daniel Kirk confesses that he does theological interpretation, but also why he is critical of the way it is often practiced.
I do theological interpretation because I am convinced that the Bible, a theological construct in its own right, continues to tell us what the church’s story is.
If the word do not dwell with power in us, it will not pass with power from us….The want of this experience of the power of gospel truth on their own souls is that which gives us so many lifeless, sapless orations, quaint in words and dead as to power, instead of preaching the gospel in the demonstration of the Spirit.
- John Starke reviews Counterfeit Gospels: Rediscovering the Good News in a World of False Hope by Trevin Wax. You should also check out Derek Ouellette’s review.
- Jeff Vanderstelt tries to answer the question, “What is a missional community?“
- The video from a John Piper course on preaching in now available.
- And, here’s a list of the Top 100 Spiritually Significant Films.