Time Magazine has put out its list of the 100 Most Influential People of 2011. But, I have to admit that it’s hard to take such a list seriously when it includes people like the following. The sad thing is that maybe these are among the most influential people on earth. How long do you think it will be before they have viable colonies on Mars?
- Peter Vesterbacka (developer of Angry Birds)
- Amy Poehler (actress in Parks and Recreation)
- Kim Clijsters (tennis player)
- Rob Bell (apparently it only takes one book)
- Justin Bieber (no comment)
- Blake Lively (actress in Gossip Girl)
- Bruno Mars (singer)
- George R. R. Martin (I like his books, but he really doesn’t fit here)
- Sting (seriously?)
- Mark Wahlberg (Marky Mark made the list?)
The list might be even worse than this, but I didn’t bother to click on too many of the names I didn’t know – a surprising number given their apparent influence in the world.