Every year, Beloit college publishes a list explaining the “mindset” of the incoming class of freshman based on the things that they’ve experienced in the last 18 or so years. Among the more interesting things that the class of 2014 (most of whom were born in 1992) do/don’t know are:
2. Email is just too slow, and they seldom if ever use snail mail.
10. A quarter of the class has at least one immigrant parent, and the immigration debate is not a big priority…unless it involves “real” aliens from another planet.
12. Clint Eastwood is better known as a sensitive director than as Dirty Harry.
16. Korean cars have always been a staple on American highways.
18. Fergie is a pop singer, not a princess.
32. Czechoslovakia has never existed.
46. Nirvana is on the classic oldies station.
68. They have never worried about a Russian missile strike on the U.S.