Mental Floss has posted its list of 50 Amazing Facts, and some of them are truly interesting.
1. In 1943, Philip Morris ran an ad acknowledging “smokers’ cough.” They claimed it was caused by smoking brands other than Philip Morris.
2. In the 1970s, Mattel sold a doll called “Growing Up Skipper.” Her breasts grew when her arm was turned.
4. On the 2001 New Zealand census, 53,715 people listed their religion as “Jedi.”
8. Dr. Ruth was trained as a sniper by the Israeli military.
36. Perhaps our favorite school nickname is The Arkansas School for the Deaf Leopards.
43. Male students at Brigham Young University need a doctor’s note to grow a beard.
45. The sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel is 666.
46. The Vatican Bank is the world’s only bank that allows ATM users to perform transactions in Latin.
48. At the Wife Carrying World Championships in Sonkajärvi, Finland, first prize is the wife’s weight in beer.