The June 2010 rankings are out for the Top 50 Biblioblogs. Tragically, we’re not on it. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that we’re considered more of a theoblog than a biblioblog. That seems like an unfortunate dichotomy. Do we really want to separate theological discussion from biblical discussion like that? Of course not. Besides, we really like the Bible a lot and we post links to good discussions on biblical scholarship all the time. I think we should start a grassroots campaign for the inclusion of biblically minded theoblogs on the list as well. (In case you haven’t noticed, I’m just trying to weasel my way onto the list.)
Others who comment here at least occasionally have received far more favorable treatment on the list.
- Our very own Brian LePort and his blog NearEmmaus log in a #36.
- As usual, Jim West owns the top spot on the list.
- James McGrath moved up to #3.
- Nick Norelli comes it an #17.
- And Mark Stevens sits at #16.