I’m taking a day off tomorrow, which means I get to treat today like a Friday. So, here’s a fun post on 22 Fictional Character Whose Names You Don’t Know. I particularly enjoyed these:
1. Did you know the Comic Book Guy on The Simpsons has a name? It’s Jeff Albertson. But that wasn’t the decision of creator Matt Groening. “I was out of the room when [the writers] named him,” he told MTV in 2007. “In my mind, ‘Louis Lane’ was his name, and he was obsessed and tormented by Lois Lane.”
4. Snuffleupagus has a first name—Aloysius.
6. The Wizard of Oz rolls off the tongue a lot easier than his full name, Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs. From Frank Baum’s Dorothy And the Wizard in Oz:
17. The unkempt Shaggy of Scooby-Doo fame has a rather proper real name—Norville Rogers.
18. The Pillsbury Doughboy’s name is Poppin’ Fresh. He has a wife, Poppie Fresh, and two kids, Popper and Bun Bun.